Introducing SmallBiz Dynamic Responsive Layout
What Is New and Why Upgrade
This is the short-list of new features in this release:
- New Responsive Layout – for beautiful rendering on iPad, iPhone, or any mobile device. This layout adapts to any screen size it is viewed from to provide the best user experience.
- Drag & Drop – the new responsive layout is completely “widgetized” so you can drag & drop widgets to configure your page however you want.
- Custom Widgets – 8 completely new widgets including image slide shows, email opt-in forms, social media icons, appointment requests, and more…
- Full width headers – provide a foundation for more professional looking websites, no matter what screen size they are viewed on.
- Upload your own logo – we’ve made it super easy to add your logo to the header, so that your branding can show through on every page of the site.
- Google Authorship and Google Publisher markup – we make it easy to take advantage of the new Google Authorship markup to highlight your listings in the Google search results.
- And much more…
New Included Widgets
- Dynamic Image Widget – adding images to your sidebar, or any widget dropzone is super easy. Just upload an image directly within the widget, and it is automatically sized to whatever drop zone you put the widget in.
- Responsive Slideshow Widget – drag this widget to your sidebar, home page, or wherever you want, and add your images, set the transition type and speed, and this widget displays a beautiful image slide show that adapts to the size of the page it is on.
- Social Media Icons Widget – easily add icons with links to your Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Pinterest, LinkedIn or other social medias sites with this social media widget.
- Email Opt-In Form Widget – this widget allows you to create a super simple email opt-in form on your sidebar or anywhere on your website. You can even paste your AWeber, MailChimp or other opt-in form in here.
- Visual Text Editor Widget – this widget brings the simplicity of rich text editing to your sidebar or anywhere on your website. Style your text, add images, links or anything else you want with this Word-like editor.
- Appointment Request Widget – add an appointment request form to your website in seconds!
- YouTube Video Widget – easily add YouTube videos to your sidebar or any other dropzone by simply pasting the URL to your YouTube video.
- Recent Blog Posts Widget – list your recent blog posts with this widget – you get to decide how many, and which category, and if you want featured images to display.
If you do not have the SmallBiz theme you can get it here.
If you have not upgraded to WordPress 3.5 or later and need to upgrade this would be a good time to upgrade both!
If you have not used Smallbiz before now is the time to get started! Greencastle Web Design will be happy to help you upgrade your site to the Smallbiz responsive layout.
This is an awesome new layout with great new widgets for Smallbiz. Right now my favorite feature is not having to put all my images in the media file before adding as a widget, what is your favorite new feature?
Entrepreneurs wear many hats, do many task and therefore can spend hours just to support their business. By utilizing key tools you will be able to free up time to do what you love. Learn how to organize your life, emails, clients, proposals, invoices, and simply be more productive.