Greencastle presents Don Campbell of Expand2Web
Don is the expert on growing your business on the internet and today he shares his insights and tips on linking, trackbacks and ping backs.
- Find some really good quality links that are local to you.
- By default, WordPress blogs, all the comments are a nofollow.
- Leave thoughtful comments even if you don’t necessarily get a lot of link juice from that, from Google, it’s still super-valuable.
- When you’re thinking about backlinks, think about it in two ways
- one is getting traffic
- second-trust factor in Google- he’s got 25 links from other local businesses in that area all pointing to him. I’m getting more and more confident that this is a reputable business in this particular city or a town and it’s about roof cleaning.” It’s like Google builds that trust up over time and therefore, you start to rank higher in Google searches for related keyword terms.
- Trust factors
- Google wants to know if your business is really where it says it is and who it says it is.
- Pings-a person just linked to your blog, expands the audience and is automated.
- Write good comments and good posts to get ping-backs
Grabs some valuable Google trust and leave a comment on your linking thoughts or questions below!