Benefits from being found on Angie’s List
Angie’s List is a one-stop shop for finding local service professionals where customers are encouraged to give feedback or rate the performance of their service contractors. Angie’s List for Contractor Small Business Websites have proven to be very beneficial.
Angie’s List has gained popularity as a reliable source of business reviews and ratings for 720 service categories that range from health care to home repair.
Businesses do not have to pay to get listed on Angie’s List. However, if they are ranked high enough they can pay for a higher more recognizable spot on Angie’s List. The only way to get rated on the List is when a member consumer submits feedback or review. Angie’s List is a consumer-driven service supported by membership fees and client upgrades.
Company ratings range from A to F (A being the highest), which is an aggregate grade drawn from the combined ratings and reviews given to the company by its customers. The ratings are based on set criteria that include price, service quality, responsiveness, punctuality and professionalism.
Benefits for being in the List
Having your business listed in Angie’s List (that boasts of 2 million subscribers throughout the United States and Canada) can benefit your business in a number of ways.
- connect with the site’s member customers who are there solely to search for service contractors
- get customer reviews that give you opportunity to build your reputation and promote your business
- challenges you to continuously innovate to improve your service to avoid negative reviews
- are a form of advertising (FREE advertising to a mass audience!)
- can improve your SEO because search engines such as Google take into consideration the frequency your business is mentioned in reviews
- can lead to higher conversion rate because consumers generally trust peer recommendations more than they trust advertising
Consumers trust online reviews
The 2012 Local Consumer Review Survey conducted on 4,500 local consumers located in US, Canada and UK revealed that:
72% of consumers trust online reviews as much as personal recommendations; and that positive online reviews make customers more likely to use a local business (52%).
Above findings reinforce the importance of customer reviews in building your reputation and promoting your business, an opportunity offered by Angie’s List.
Visit Angie’s List Business Center for more information.